A checklist is a way to capture all of the smaller action items or sub-tasks that need to be done on a task, event, or milestone. Checklists eliminate the temptation to create a bunch of tiny tasks for all of those pesky details that need to be noted or else forgotten.
Checklists are created in the task Edit Panel:
Click on the Actions dropdown to manage multiple checklist items at once:
Here are somethings to note about checklists:
- Checklist items are assigned to “All Owners” of the task by default. This is displayed as “All Owners” to reinforce the fact that reassigning or adding additional owners to the task will also make the new owner(s) responsible for those checklist items.
- Checklist items can be reassigned to any workspace member, including virtual members, but not to portal guests.
- Checklists items are not visible in project portals.
- You can create up to 50 checklist items per task.
- Checklist items are not estimated individually. Your task and assignment estimates should reflect the total effort to get all of the checklist items done.